What Are the Differences Between the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee? | Columbia, IL
Two excellent SUV options for drivers in Columbia, IL are the Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee. While we recommend either to our customers, only one is right for your exact needs. The purpose of this article is to explore the benefits of each model to help you decide which works best for your lifestyle. Continue reading to learn more about the differences between the Jeep Grand Cherokee and Cherokee. We also encourage you to take a look at the Grand Cherokee and Cherokee inventories at our Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram dealership in Columbia, IL for available models and trims.
Grand Cherokee vs. Cherokee: Interior Comfort
Whether you select the Jeep Grand Cherokee or Cherokee, you’ll be able to customize the interior to your exact liking. Both vehicles offer luxury seating appointments and convenience features to ensure your drive is one-of-a-kind.
- Grand Cherokee trims are available with Laguna leather seating appointments, while Cherokee trims offer optional Nappa leather seating appointments.
- The Jeep Grand Cherokee has a cargo capacity of 68.3 cu. ft. while the Cherokee has 54.9 cu. ft.
- Heated and ventilated seats are available for both models.
Grand Cherokee vs. Cherokee: Technology
Get access to the latest vehicle technology in either the Jeep Cherokee or Grand Cherokee. Because there are some minor differences in features, check out the top tech options on both vehicles below:
- The Grand Cherokee is available with the Alpine® 19-speaker surround sound system while the Cherokee is available with the Alpine® 9-speaker sound system.
- Exclusive to the Grand Cherokee, the Rear DVD Entertainment Center comes with two 9-in. high-resolution screens in the front seatbacks.
- Both vehicles are available with the Driver Information Digital Cluster Display.
Grand Cherokee vs. Cherokee: Performance
While both the Grand Cherokee and Cherokee have the performance capabilities you require, they are different in certain aspects. Take a look below to learn more about their engine options and all-around performance specifications:
|Jeep SUV||Performance Features|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee||Engine options:
|Jeep Cherokee||Engine options:
Grand Cherokee vs. Cherokee: Safety Features
No matter which vehicle you select, you’ll feel ultimate peace of mind all thanks to the standard and available safety features. From passive safety to driver assist options, you’ll feel comfortable knowing you and your loved ones are secure on the road at all times.
- The Grand Cherokee is equipped with seven airbags while the Cherokee has eight.
- Both models are available with LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist.
- The ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera assists drivers in either vehicle when reversing out of a parking spot or driveway.
Schedule a Test Drive at Royal Gate Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Columbia Today!
Get behind the wheel of the Grand Cherokee or Cherokee by scheduling a test drive at our Jeep dealership in Columbia, IL today. For more information about either vehicle, contact Royal Gate CDJR of Columbia by using our online form or calling (866) 855-5151. We also welcome you to check out current Grand Cherokee and Cherokee lease deals to save on your next SUV from our dealership.