All-New Wrangler, Wrangler JK, and Wrangler Unlimited: What are the Differences?
What is the All-New Wrangler?
Also known as the Wrangler JL, the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler is the latest iteration of this classic off-roading SUV. Moving forward, the Wrangler now contains a number of style, performance, and technology changes from the older generation.
The Wrangler now offers a hybrid engine option: the 2.0L turbo 4-cylinder with eTorque mild hybrid technology. This efficient engine option delivers 270 HP and 295 lb.-ft. of torque, plus the off-roading power your drive requires.
Of course, there’s even more to enjoy about the latest Jeep Wrangler. New features you can expect on the 2018 Wrangler include:
- 33-in. all-terrain tires
- New seat design for ultimate comfort and support
- Lightweight Freedom Top® hardtop or zipperless Sunrider® soft top
- Trail Rail™ System – a tie-down utility system that mounts on the cargo floor and swing gate
- Jeep Utility Grid – an organizer and flexible storage system
- Air extractors added behind fender flares for optimal engine cooling
- Foldable windshield
- LED fog lamps, tail lamps, and daytime running lamps located on the fender
- Premium LED tail lamps with ‘bolt-on’ look
What is the Wrangler Unlimited?
The Wrangler Unlimited was the term used to refer to the 4-door version of the Wrangler. In the most recent generation, Jeep has dropped the moniker, although 4-door Jeeps are still available. If you are interested in a 4-door Jeep Wrangler JK or JL, ask for a Wrangler Unlimited! The 2-door model is also available.
Do you have more questions about our Wrangler lineup? Don’t hesitate to reach out to our Jeep dealership in Columbia, IL by calling (866) 855-5151.
Are you interested in reading more about the Jeep Wrangler? Check out these related pages!